The Marker Alpinist brings release characteristics reserved for heavier bindings to the sub-250g category. The heel piece incorporates a spring-loaded track that keeps the heel piece flush with the heel of the boot, eliminating release-value fluctuation when the ski flexes. High-tech materials and secure geometry let you ski with confidence. The Marker Alpinist 12 has a low ramp-angle enabled by the race-inspired heel piece. The binding is well-featured with BSL and lateral release adjustments, two riser positions, and optional brakes.
- Dynamic Length Compensation in the heel piece eliminates ski flex from the release value equation.
- 15mm of boot sole adjustment in the heel so you can use multiple boots.
- Adjustable lateral release from 6-12 means you can ski at your chart value.
- A “High” U-Spring controls vertical release and is swappable with Low and Medium springs, available separately.
- Wide 38mm hole pattern in toe piece means more ski-hold and power transfer.
- Rubber stops on the toe piece aid step-in so you can get to skiing faster.
- Heel flap rests on U-Spring for fast transitions, but when spun 180° it will offer extra riser height.
- Optional brakes come in 90mm, 105mm, and 115mm sizes.
- Available Pintech ski crampons fit snugly in the receptors.